A Laptop is a must tool that is needed in every profession or home in this modern world. With a variety of laptops present in the market designed specifically for different uses kept in mind it becomes very difficult to choose which laptop you really need. If you too are confused on what to buy and why to buy it, you are at the right spot. This Best laptops under 1000 dollarsTips Guide will help you to choose exactly what type of a laptop or notebook you need biased on your personal needs and your budget.
Tip#1 Pick your platform
If you are not familiar with both the MAC and PCs this might a difficult question to answer. You need to go through the features of different operating systems to find the one that suits you.
· Windows 10
Windows is considered the most flexible and user friendly operating system in the market and is seen on most of the laptops and computers you might have seen. Windows notebooks vary in price range from $200 to several thousand dollars depending on what you need. The latest version of windows is the windows 10 that is a great improvement on previous versions with the ability to switch from desktop mode to tablet mode making the modern day touch screen notebooks more user friendly.
- Apple Mac OS
The mac OS is a special operating system by apple that is unique to the MacBooks. Overall the Mac OS offers similar functioning to the windows but offers unique interface with apps dock in place of the start bar in the windows. Along with that the Mac users get access to Siri. All the Apple features like the Apple Pay and access to Apple watch. The mac os does not comes with touch screen capabilities.
- Chrome OS
The chrome OS is found on the inexpensive chrome books. This OS is developed by Google for a simple and secure experience that is very limited. This OS had a similar interface like the windows that you must be familiar with. IF you need a device to surf the internet, check you mails or use social media then chormebooks are highly recommended due to their portability and high battery life. IF you plan to get a chromebook then a 4GB RA with low storage and a full DH resolution chromebook will come at a very affordable price.
Tip#2 Decide if you need a 2-in-1
Many of the modern day laptops fall in the 2-in-1 category hybrid devices that are specially designed so they can easily switch between the traditional clamshell mode, the portable user friendly tablet mode or other in between positions like tent or stand modes. These laptops are generally of 2 different types namely the detachable which allows you to detach the screen from the keyboard entirely and the other is the flexible types with the hinges that can be bend up to 360 degrees allowing you to change its modes. These laptops come with special features that allow you to perform these operations of changing modes to them. But if you do not need you laptop to be a tablet or turn to 360 degrees then a traditional laptop can provide you much better performance in the same price range. So if you just need a laptop for home use and not specifically need any of these features we recommend you to get a usual laptop. If you decide that u do need a 2-in-1 laptop then you should keep in mind that these laptops mostly come in the windows version and no MacBook yet is of this type. Another important thing to be kept in mind is that the battery like of the bendable is much more better than the detachable laptops.
Tip#3 Choose the right size
Before your purchase of the laptop you need to think of what size you need your laptop to be or how portable you need it to be. Laptops come in a variety of display sizes.
- 11 to 12 inches: The most portable laptops in the market come with 11 to 12 inches of screens with their weight being 2 to 3.5 pounds.
- 13 to 12 inches: A laptop of screen size 13 to 12 inches provides you the best balance between usability and portability due to its compact size and usually weights under 4 pounds.
- 15 inches: The most widely used size is of 15 inches. These laptops usually weight around 5.5 to 7 pounds. If you need a larger screen and do not move to carry around your laptop on a daily biases then this size is the best for you.
- 17 to 18 inches: A laptop of this type mostly comes with high end hardware for gaming or workstation level performance. You can consider a 17 to 18 inch laptop if your laptop has to just sit on your desk every day.
Tip#4 Keyboard and Touchpad
For those who plan on doing a lot of work on their laptops on a daily biases the keyboard and the tack pad plays a major role. Even if your laptop has the most impressive specs in the world it’s not worth if it does not have good ergonomics. You need to make sure that the keyboard on your laptop offers a good solid feedback along with enough space for vertical travel that is usually 1 to 2 mm. Your keyboard should also have enough amount of space between the keys so that you can naturally type and don’t need an extra keyboard to help you work faster.
For the track pad you need to look at accuracy and note that it doesn’t give you a jumpy cursor. A good quality track pad responds consistently to multi touch gestures like the pinch to zoom. If you need a laptop for business or official use you can consider the laptop with a pointing stick that is located between the G and H keys on the keyboard to help you navigate without having to lift your figures from the home row.
Tip#5 Pick your Specs
Even the notebook aficionados get confused sometimes when it comes to choosing the best combination of processor, Ram, hard drive and graphic chip for a laptop. So don’t feel bad if you are confused on what specs you need in your brand new laptop.
- CPU- Often referred to as the brain of the computer comes in many shapes and sizes.
Intel Core i5
Core i5 is the best option if you want a mainstream laptop with perfect balance of performance and price. These models for from Y with worst performance to HQ that have the best performance and clock speed. A 7th gen or 8th gen i5 will go great for a mainstream budget laptop.
Intel Core i7
If you want to go a step above the i5 you can go for the i5 models of Intel core generation. These chips provide workstation like performance and can be used in mainstream gaming or workstations.
Intel core i3
This model of Intel core provides a little less performance than the i5 in a little lesser price.
These chips are with latest architecture from AMD to provide equal performance as the i7 and i5.
AMD FX, A or E series
These are the AMD chips created for budget laptops with lower price tags. These are the APUs that provide graphics along with the CPU.
- RAM: Some very low budget laptops come with only 2GB of RAM that is not worth in today’s time. You need at least 4GB or higher to get ideal performance from a laptop.
- Storage Drive: HDD is the most important component of the computer so no if you have the money and don’t need much space prefer going for a SSD rather than HDD as it providers 5 times the speed.
- Graphics chip: If you are not a gamer then you do do not need to worry about this component. For those who play games or do 3D modeling need some decent dedicated GPU for the activities. Low end gaming systems usually work well with GTX 1050 going up to GTX 1080Ti for high end machines.
Tip#6 The Battery life
If you don’t need to travel much with your laptop and you’ll mainly only use it on a desk then you don’t need to worry about on the battery life. However if you want to sit in your garden and work with you coffee in hand, you will need at least 5 to 7 hours of battery backup. To correctly determine the expected battery life of a laptop you cannot trust the manufacturer’s word. Instead you need to do some research on it on third party sources that have actually used or tested the product.
Tip#7 Plan based on your budget
With the growth in technology and market there is a laptop you can buy for whatever amount you ask for. If you have a bigger budget then you can get a product with better quality and performance. Each range of laptops can perform certain tasks and are to be used for that.
- $150 to $250: Under $250 most of the laptops worth buying are chromebooks. These run on a specially designed OS developed by Google and are optimised to run on only ChromeOS. You can get a windows laptop too but that will provide you with minimal storage capacity and very slow processing speed. Most laptops under this budget are used as secondary computers.
- $350 to $600: Under $600 you can find some extremely great laptops with premium design and quality. You can easily get a notebook with AMD A8 CPU or the core i5 CPU along with a 500GB or 1TB of HDD with 8 to 4 GB of full RAM. You will not a SSD in this price range.
- $600 to $900: At this price range of more than $600 you can get a more premium design with metal or matte finish. Other additional features like SSDs and IPS display come to the picture.
- Above $900: In this price range you get the most premium and slimmest designs along with a lot of power packed in them. $k resolution, super-fast processors and dedicated graphics are the common features you will definitely get at above $900. As you keep on getting higher you can get High end gaming laptops and workstations at about $1500 or higher.
Tip#8 Mind the Brand
When purchasing a laptop you need to keep in mind that the product you hold is as good as its brand name or the company that is behind it. Timely and truthful technical support is a necessary thing. The Laptop mag rated Apple first followed by Lenovo and Acer at top in this annual edition. The trust and support behind a laptop is what makes it worth our money. Along with how the warranty is applied keep a look at the services provided by the brand you go for.
For a normal budget laptop a windows 10 OS with a regular laptop of 15inches with Intel core i5 7th gen CPU, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB of mechanical HDD of any top leading brands will do great. Do not go for 4GB of ram as it will not provide you with requires results.
This Best laptops under $400 Tips Guide Tips guide provides you the accurate way to choose what all you need in your laptop. From your laptop size to your laptop hardware, this guide will help you choose all the components and features that you require for you laptop and will let you select the best laptop keeping in mind what you really need.